Monday, October 15, 2007

Week 5: Play week Library thing



Wow, what a great site! I love Library thing! Gone are all the notebooks full of books I have read, because, let's face it I can't always remember titles. No, now I am part of the cyber age, a modern woman who always forgot to write titles down until months later when I had vague memories of the book. Well, welcome to the modern age, what a great site. Being visual I also love the fact that I can display my list by cover and even change the cover so that it corresponds to the actual cover of the edition I have read. What joy, to browse the titles with such ease!

I have also added a widget (?) to enable visitors to my blog to serch my books. I have to thank Georgeous papercutz for that as she showed me the light i.e. how to add it. I look back on Bloglines and whilst I like the idea of the site I don't think I will use it too much. I will try to load the link from Bloglines to my blog again...just not today - I am feeling a little tender at the thought of the frustration involved last week. No, better to have fun and play as is the aim of the week. So, Librarything, I am a big fan.

I have also suggested to my book club that we join. (We have been muttering about making a website for years and it has always just seemed like too much hard work.)

No comments: