Monday, October 22, 2007

# 13 :Del.icio.us

Well I have had a quick look and I have to say that I really like the layout of Rollyo more than that of Delicious. I understand that tags are a great idea, like some kind of subject heading but without using Library of Congress...yes I have to confess I am in cataloguing! Anyway, when I think about it http://del.icio.us/ is a not only another 'social networking tool' ( I thought that was going to the pub for a drink with some friends...but I am over thirty!) but a form of using metadata. I went to a talk on metadata once, sounded very interesting, sounded like the kind of thing that libraries should get more involved with to make their collections more accessible to "generation now"...I think that's what they are called.
Anyway, as impressed as I am with the technology I simply don't think I would use this site much, but somehow the concepts behind it could be of great value to a library, I will just have to think about exactly how.
I also found some great links to knitting blogs which I have added to my Bloglines account.

No comments: